Snow flurries.

~ Saturday 9 January 2010

I received an email last Wednesday from the medical school, about the current snowy weather in London and how it might have an impact on the teaching at various placements. Last year, the transports were completely crippled down by the snow storm, preventing millions from getting into their workplaces and yeah... we snowed in for 2 days! Good stuff!

Back to the email....some people apparently were happy and so lived up to the possibility of time off from work but I was on the other hand, realistically felt completely the opposite. May be it was New year! They seemed neurotic with a sudden workload after a long Christmas break and with the idea of getting back into old routines, thus anticipating more holidays! Yea makes sense!

I mean... Heyyyyyyy the snow did not even settle on the ground and busses, trains whatsoever were running on time.. Why were you fussing about holidays??? I didn’t get it! you were just making false hopes and I vividly remembered on Thursday morning, many were disappointed.. SAD :(

I’m just into my work at the moment; my Health Care of the Elderly (HCOE) placement has been really great!! I’m more convinced now that I have made the right choice! another 15 months before the MBBS final, and i'm looking forward for my medical elective (A&E and trauma) in Australia! yehooo.

2 comments:

thefourtharif said...

you are going to aussie honey? which part?

Dr. Chronic~ said...

It'd probably be in Perth, but not final yet! thinking of Johannesburg as well, some said it's good for trauma teaching.. we'll see how it goes.